Sunday, May 21, 2017

Baby Bean is 2 months

My sweet baby is 2 months old already!!! How did this happen? He has grown so much already and I know it's just going to get faster! He is such a sweet and happy baby and makes it so easy to love him.

Exciting events of this last month in Ben's life:

He was baptized! My son is now forever a son of the Most High King. Both of our families were here for the baptism. I had the baptism scheduled 2 months before Ben was even born to make sure our priest would be able to make it. However the week of the baptism a funeral was scheduled right at the same time as our baptism. So we rushed to make changes and got our priest to confirm the time change for 7:30 P.M. that night. He and I had also been in St. Louis all week so he was off-kilter from all the traveling. On top of that there was a miscommunication the night of the baptism. We saw our priest at 6 at Mass with our families and he asked if we were ready for the baptism. He had moved his previous engagement to 7:30 to make room for the baptism! So we called his Godparents and they rushed to the church. We didn't have time to call anyone else so when our other guests showed up at 7:30 he was already baptized.  Ben normally goes to sleep around 8. Needless to say he was not a happy camper for his baptism. My sweet baby somehow became a banshee and screamed for the whole baptism and all the way home until he went to bed. Somehow though we got some good pictures. (See below)
Thomas Benedict welcome to the church!


We celebrated my first Mother's Day! Ben woke up early so after I nursed him Tim grabbed him and they needed off on a "secret mission." They went and got me flowers, chocolate covered strawberries and made a big breakfast. Ben was mostly cut moral support. It was a wonderful Mother's Day and I felt so blessed to be able to celebrate it with the 100 year anniversary of our Lady of Fatima.



He also took his first road trip to St. Louis and back to Michigan and he did amazing! He started back to work with Mommy and normally sleeps her whole shift. The office staff loves him and I feel very blessed to have a job and co-workers that allow this to be a possibility. I can't imagine trying to leave him at a day-care. He still has lots of visitors and company and he's really good with new people holding him.

I mean come on!!

Daddy's favorites:

How big he's getting and his cute fat rolls.
Talking with Ben.
His smiles.

Mommy's Favorites:


Cuddling and singing with Ben.
Taking pictures of Ben.
Seeing the world through his eyes.

Ben's Favorites:

Jazz music.
His bouncy seat.
The morning.
Going running with Daddy.


Sweet baby!
Check back in a month for another update! Hopefully I'll have a few other posts up before then but no promises. I'm getting used to this blogging thing.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment